IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING FLU CLINICS FOR 2018
Flu vaccinations are changing this year. There will be a different type of vaccine provided to patients over age 65 compared to those eligible patients under age 65, which is based on the latest scientific evidence of the new vaccine being much more effective for older patients.
Those eligible for flu vaccines will be shortly receiving invites, please check the practice website and notice boards for more information about clinic times.
People who should have a flu jab
You are eligible to receive a free flu jab if you:
- are 65 years of age or over
- are 2-4 years old
- are pregnant
- have serious long term health conditions
- are living in a long-stay residential care home or other long-stay care facility
- receive a carer's allowance, or you are the main Carer for an elderly or disabled person whose welfare may be at risk if you fall ill
- are a healthcare worker with direct patient contact or a social care worker
For more information please click on the link below: